- Polaroid Kids PLD 8031 S C9A M9 462 Colors€41.00
- Ray-Ban RJ9541SN JUNIOR HEXAGONAL 223/71 441 ColorSpecial Price €77.70 Regular Price €111.00
- Best SellerRay-Ban RJ9506S JUNIOR AVIATOR 211/7E 5214 ColorsSpecial Price €49.70 Regular Price €71.00
- Best SellerRay-Ban RJ9052S JUNIOR NEW WAYFARER 70624L 4814 ColorsSpecial Price €49.70 Regular Price €71.00
- Best SellerRay-Ban RJ9052S JUNIOR NEW WAYFARER 178/80 4714 ColorsSpecial Price €49.70 Regular Price €71.00
- Carrera 2030T/S PEF-QT 50 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €69.00 Regular Price €115.00
- Carrera 2027T/S FWM-0J 52 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €72.00 Regular Price €120.00
- Carrera 2022T/S KB7-AE 51 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €63.00 Regular Price €105.00
- Carrera 2022T/S 807-IR 53 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €63.00 Regular Price €105.00
- Carrera 2029T/S 807-9O 49 mm2 ColorsSpecial Price €63.00 Regular Price €105.00
- Carrera 2021T/S 086-70 52 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €59.40 Regular Price €99.00
- Carrera 2021T/S 05L-XT 52 mm3 ColorsSpecial Price €59.40 Regular Price €99.00
- Polaroid PLD 8040 S RTC M9 444 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8038 S 35J M9 443 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8035 S PJP M9 452 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8020 S YYV Y2 463 Colors€39.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8018 S CYQ AI 474 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8009 N NEW PJP 5X 444 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids PLD 8009 N NEW FWM JQ 444 Colors€41.00
- Polaroid Kids P0115 6XQ OZ 461 Color€50.00
- Ray-Ban RJ9647S 201/71 466 ColorsSpecial Price €56.70 Regular Price €81.00
- Ray-Ban RJ9062S 701355 486 ColorsSpecial Price €56.70 Regular Price €81.00
- Ray-Ban RJ9506S JUNIOR AVIATOR 201/55 5014 ColorsSpecial Price €56.70 Regular Price €81.00
Importance of sunglasses for children
For the little ones, sunglasses are much more than a fashion accessory, their eyes are still forming, so special care must be taken to protect them from the sun's rays with top quality products that do not negatively affect their development. For the kings of the house, the best sunglasses.
There are two reasons why children's sunglasses are an essential accessory in summer: on one hand, children tend to spend a lot of time outdoors during the good weather, which means they receive more sun radiation than adults; on the other hand, sunglasses can help prevent foreign bodies from getting into children's eyes during play, such as sand or pebbles that could cause an injury.
Although they may be difficult to tolerate at first, it is a good idea for children to get used to wearing sunglasses as soon as possible, as the sun's radiation can be very harmful to their eyesight. In Optica Bassol you will also find the best brands of sunglasses for women and sunglasses for men.
It is very difficult for babies under one year of age to tolerate sunglasses, although we can try to put them on little by little so that they get used to them, although at this age the protection provided by the bonnet of the pushchair and a hat or cap is usually enough.
In any case, if we choose to buy sunglasses for babies, we must make sure that they are of the highest quality and satisfy all the conditions required by European regulations.
How to choose children's sunglasses?
Protecting and caring for children's eyes with the right sunglasses is the main concern of all parents. Therefore, when choosing the most suitable sunglasses for your child, bear in mind the following tips:
- Check that they have the CE mark, which means that they have passed the quality controls set by the European Community. All the children's sunglasses in our catalogue are from leading brands, so they will always carry this mark.
- Make sure the frame fits the child's face, with no gaps between the nose and the frame, so that it does not slip.
- If they are their first glasses, opt for lenses that are not too dark, so that they can adapt better to the change.
- If the child already wears prescription glasses, photochromic lenses can be a great solution: as they automatically darken in the light, a single pair solves both problems.
This year's trends in children's sunglasses
Protection is not at odds with the latest fashion and children's sunglasses, like those for adults, are subject to the latest trends, while complying with two indisputable maxims: comfort and resistance.
- Cheerful colours: for the little ones' sunglasses, avoid dark colours, both in the lens and in the frame; reds, greens, pinks and yellows are the trendy shades for this summer.
- Mirrored lenses: Mirrored lenses help filter light without darkening, which makes them much more comfortable for children's eyes. Plus, they look so cute in them!
- Just like mum and dad: if you want them to feel grown up, there's nothing better than an adult model, though reduced to their size. Ray-Ban specialises in this with its Wayfarer and children's aviator frames, but you will find many other models on our website.
What are the best brands of children's sunglasses?
Many of the leading brands in adult sunglasses have also decided to launch children's collections, thinking about the care and comfort of the youngest members of the family. At Bassol Optic you will find sunglasses for children from Carrera, Guess, Oakley, Polaroid Kids, and Ray-Ban, among others.
Advantages of buying sunglasses for children in Bassol Optic
Shopping with children can be stressful, but that will no longer be a problem for you, because you can choose the children's sunglasses that you like the most from the wide catalogue that you will find on our website and receive them comfortably at home. Check our returns policy to find out what to do if the glasses are not exactly what you were looking for.
If you prefer, you can go to one of our physical shops, where one of our professionals will assist and advise you and your little one will feel like an adult trying on all the glasses he/she wants and choosing the ones he/she likes the most.
Check out our other TOP Collections: sunglasses, men's sunglasses, women’s sunglasses, prescription glasses, prescription glasses for men, prescription glasses for women and prescription glasses for boys and girls.